This topic’s scope includes the entire process of recruitment and selection. The infographic shows a typical process and the suggested employment equity best practices to integrate into this process.
The typical issues that employees experience and report as employment equity barriers are:
- Positions are advertised inconsistently – different lengths of time, different media, etc.
- The employment equity preference is not always mentioned in the adverts
- Not all positions are advertised
- Electronic and internet based advertisements do not reach all the intended target market of candidates as some people may not have intranet/internet access
How does your company incorporate employment equity into the advertising of positions?
- What successes have you experienced?
- What challenges have you encountered?
- What barriers and affirmative action measures relating to advertising positions have you included in your employment equity plan?
Click here for a comprehensive guide on how to Implement Employment Equity.