This topic’s scope covers the Job Analysis Process. The Infographic shows a typical process and the suggested employment equity best practices to integrate into this process.
The typical issues that employees experience and report as employment equity barriers are:
- Managers sometimes state unreasonably high experience requirements (e.g. at least 5 years experience), resulting in few or no applicants from designated groups
- There are no job descriptions, leaving the write-up of job adverts at the discretion of the line manager
- Adverts for a position are not clearly defined
How does your company incorporate employment equity into the Job Analysis Process?
- How have you integrated employment equity into the Job Analysis Process ?
- What successes have you experienced ?
- What challenges have you encountered ?
- What barriers and affirmative action measures relating to Job Analysis have you included in your employment equity plan?
Click here for a comprehensive guide on how to Implement Employment Equity.